‘Tis the season to bundle up with a hot cocoa by the fireplace! However, our lives don’t stop just because the weather has turned increasingly cold and frightful. While you’re out there battling the elements, your skin is going through a tough time, trying to keep up. Here are some ways to make sure your skin is protected and ready for battle this winter.
Does your skin dry up throughout the day, causing you to re-apply your moisturizer? Does your skin feel tight ten minutes after cleansing? If you said yes, then you have dry skin and we have a solution.
- The Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture locks moisture in your skin for up to 24 hours. Dr. Murad uses Advanced Hyaluronic Acid technology to enhance the skins ability to attract and retain water deep within its surface for intense, long-lasting hydration. Use this once a day, or more if desired, but you can’t go wrong with this velvety, yet lightweight luxurious moisturizer.
Pro-tip: Use the Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence before the moisturizer, to boost the moisture to extraordinary levels.
- Firming Peptide Body Treatment: Your body needs protecting this winter too! Although most of us tend to wear slightly more clothing during this season, sometimes it’s simply not enough for those ashy elbows, knees and whatever else. This body treatment not only helps moisturize skin, it also uses proprietary peptide blends to visibly tone and firm skin! Get ready for bikini season early this year.
Many people suffer from sensitive skin, and it can be a nightmare to treat. It feels like every product you put on your face burns, and your skin gets red very quickly! The winter can be the worst for people with sensitive skin, as you combine the regular skin problems with harsh climate and the rapid decrease of humidity. Dr. Murad has, as both a dermatologist and pharmacist, treated hundreds of people over the years with sensitive skin, and his approach is: less is more. Rather than applying 5 different products this winter, we’ve narrowed it down to two fantastic products to make your skin feel great.
- The Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum is the ultimate in skin sensitive products. As a serum, it helps treat the redness, while making sure your skin feels cool and stays hydrated throughout the day. Once again. Dr. Murad highlights the importance of Hyaluronic Acid in this formula, combined with Glycolipids to help ease into winter in comfort.
- This time of year can turn anyone into a grinch, especially those of us who are consistently losing our gloves! Your hands, though very capable at holding and pointing, turn super sensitive and red when exposed to the elements. Even if you’re indoors all day, you’re not completely safe from the dry heat being pumped through the heating ducts. That’s why the Rejuvenating AHA Hand Cream reigns supreme. The AHA stands for Glycolic Acid, which helps lightly exfoliate the dead cells on top of your skin, to reveal the soft, younger skin below. As an added bonus, the smell of this cream will transport you to a land far away, where no snow or rain dares to enter, thanks to the Lemongrass and Vetiver! Give your hands a hand this winter.
You would think, given the dry weather, that our sebaceous (oil) glands would go into hibernation for the season, but contrary to popular belief, dry weather makes the glands go into overdrive! When those oil glands get clogged with dead skin, debris and other unmentionables, you can sure bet a pimple is soon to follow. To prevent the cacophony of problems, start by preventing the oil build-up in the first place!
- The Oil-Control Mattifer has been tried and tested and has come up victorious. Notorious for its Oil-Control Complex which effectively reduces shine and controls oil for up to 8 hours! Not only that, but the SPF of 15 is geared for all year wear, whether you’re hitting the slopes or looking for a beach getaway this winter.
Pro Tip: For a night on the town, use this moisturizer just before your makeup process begins, and watch how it mattifies all the imperfections. You’ll be looking #FLAWLESS all night long!
- Make way for the mistletoe! Your lips are getting ready to pucker up, but all you notice is the dry, flakiness and painful sensation of over-dried lips. Even lipstick can’t help cover up this major winter catastrophe. Never fear, Dr. Murad has, once again, come to the rescue. The Rapid Collagen Infusion for Lips will step up to the plate for you, preparing your lips for all kinds of winter fun. The enhanced collagen technology instantly plumps and restores volume, while the Shea Butter and Apple Extract hydrate and smooth the lips. Just because your lips don’t have oil glands doesn’t mean they can’t shine bright all night!
Post by Beauty Advisor – Dania