We know you want to look flawless on your big day! Having great skin is just as important as wearing the perfect bridal gown, so start your pre-wedding skincare countdown now. Our Murad skincare experts put together this helpful six-month timeline to follow for glowing, gorgeous skin on your big day.
Pre-Wedding Skincare Countdown: A few tips for a beautiful skin
6 months to go
- Take daily dietary supplements to give your body the building blocks it needs to help every cell in every system.
- Now that you’re engaged, everyone will be paying extra attention to your hands! Rejuvenate them with a monthly manicure and moisturize daily (We recommend our Youth Builder Rejuvenating AHA Hand Cream) to keep them looking and feeling soft and lovely.
3 months to go
- Stick to your workouts to reduce skin-damaging stress and wedding-planning anxiety.
- Commit to a monthly facial routine to keep your complexion healthy and rejuvenated.
1 month to go
- Keep your skin smooth and glowing by exfoliating 1-2 times a week (We recommend trying our Skin Smoothing Polish).
- Get your last facial 2-3 weeks before your big day to allow redness from extractions to resolve.
Week of the wedding
- Get a stress-relieving massage.
- Keep your diet heavy on fruits and veggies and light on salty, processed foods, which can make your eyes look puffy and your body feel bloated. We suggest you read a bit more about the science behind eating fruits and veggies with Dr. Murad’s “Eat Your Water” research.
The Big Day
Remember that it’s likely something won’t go as planned or turn out the way you imagined it, but don’t let that ruin your day. As Dr. Murad says, “When you learn to be imperfect, your life will be more perfect.”
Here are top picks to prep your skin on the big day.
We wish all the brides-to-be out there a joyful, stress-free, beautiful wedding day; one filled with moments you will cherish forever!