In addition to eating foods containing the specific nutrients that directly eliminate cellulite, it is necessary to create an environment of inclusive health within your body. Your system will find it easier to smooth out the imperfections in your skin if it is also running smoothly internally. Having a healthy mental state is another vital step in repairing any affliction in your body. An unnecessarily strict diet that causes undue stress eventually winds up doing more harm than good, and it is unlikely that you will stick to it.
Five Tips for Healthy Eating:
- Eat when you are hungry, not when you think you should eat.
- Stop eating when you are full, not when your plate is empty.
- Listen to your body. We often get cravings for food rich in nutrients that we are deficient in.
- Substitute healthy alternatives and cellulite-stopping foods whenever possible.
- Take supplements every day.
Smoothies are an excellent energy booster and a great breakfast option or mid-afternoon snack. For best flavor and smooth consistency, drink them as soon as you have made them. Experiment with different fruits, juices, and spices. Dried fruits offer another good option when your favorite fresh fruits are not in your local market.
|Article by Howard Murad, M.D., FAAD, a world renowned skincare expert and founder of the Inclusive Health movement. Read more about Dr. Murad.|