Innovative, yet original. This tacos are like nothing you’ve seen before. Taking in your daily dose of healthy veggies doesn’t have to be boring, you can change up a traditional recipe to accommodate for your dietary restrictions and preferences. Healthy and delicious, these tacos will please everyone in the family. Try it this weekend and let us know on the comments below how you liked it!
1 Batch Oh She Glows Life-Affirming Nacho Dip
1 Bag blue corn Organic Tortilla Chips
1 Bag blue corn soft taco shells
2 Big yams
2 Japanese eggplants
2 Tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
3 Cloves garlic (minced)
1 Can black beans
1 Jar Organic Salsa
1 Bunch green onion (or red onion) (chopped)
1/2 c. Chipotle mayo (just stir a bit of chipotle spice into Vegenaise)
1. Start by making a batch of Oh She Glows Life-Affirming Nacho Dip, but stop after you’ve completed the ‘cheese’ step (so, don’t add the spinach, onions or marinara sauce).
2. Preheat oven to 400F. Slice yams and eggplant vertically into strips. Toss with coconut oil (or oil of choice) and garlic, then lay on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes or until golden.
2. Next, add a can of drained black beans to a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Add the juice of one lime and salt. With a wooden spoon, mash the beans slightly as you stir and cook until soft (about 10 minutes).
3. Heat your soft taco shells in the oven and then begin assembling: add a big dollop of citrusy black beans to each shell, a bigger dollop of nacho dip, roasted vegetable wedges, a spoonful of organic salsa, a squeeze of lime, a sprinkling of red or green onions (or both), a fat drizzle of chipotle mayo and — the piece de resistence — a big handful of crumbled tortilla chips.
4. Fiesta time! Hope you enjoy.
Recipe by Erin Ireland, can be found here.