Murad has been helping people get acne-free for years, both through our acne treatment products and through the advice of our founder, renowned dermatologist and author Dr. Howard Murad. Our clinically proven Acne Complex® products combine the best of science and nature to unclog pores, kill acne-causing bacteria and reduce oil and shine. Unfortunately, getting rid of acne isn’t as simple as just changing your skin cleanser. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts to help:
- DO develop a daily skin care regimen with products that include:
- DO use spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen to prevent hyper-pigmentation and to preserve skin elasticity.
- DO use dietary supplements for internal skin care. Supplements act like an internal acne medication that protect from the inside-out to help minimize breakouts.
- DO frequently change pillowcases and towels
- DO replace makeup sponges and sterilize makeup sponges and sterilize
- DON’T stray from your skin care routine:
- Daily use of Murad’s high-performance acne treatment will help reduce the symptoms of acne. But even when the symptoms are diminished, you must keep using the products to prevent future occurrences. Consistency is essential to managing and controlling acne.
- DON’T use greasy cosmetics. Oily makeup can cause clogged pores.
- DON’T pick. No matter how tempting, squeezing blemishes can prolong infection and can also cause permanent scarring.
- DON’T use drying products. Harsh astringents and cleansers can actually worsen acne. Dehydrated, acne-prone skin compensates by producing even more oil.
- DON’T scrub too hard. Treating acne-inflamed skin too roughly or with scalding hot water may help spread infection and worsen the skin disease.
- DON’T ignore it. The little time it takes to care for your skin each day can make all the difference in the way you look and feel.